Geosynthetics are a favorite material used for road making. They including Geotextiles, Geomembranes, Geogrids, Geosynthetic clay liners, and others used along with traditional materials. They are space savings. Being sheet-like, they take up much less space in a landfill than other comparable soil and aggregate layers. They offer very less material variation. Soil and aggregate are usually heterogeneous materials which vary across sites or borrow area. Geosynthetics are manufactured under tightly controlled conditions in a factory, and are relatively homogeneous.
Advantages of Geosynthetics:
- Geosynthetics are manufactured in factory into large sheets. As a result there are fewer field connections, or seams. Conversely, soil and aggregate layers are constructed at the site and they vary depending on weather, handling and placement.
- Geosynthetic materials are economical, and cost less to purchase, transport and install than soils and aggregates.
- Geosynthetics clay liner have technical superiority, and have been designed for most favorable performance in every application.
- They are quick and easy to install, and therefore you can construct them in short construction seasons.
- You can easy deploy them. A single crew can efficiently deploy multiple geosynthetic layers.
- They are competitively priced, readily available, and are environmentally sensitive.
- Apart from road making Geosynthetics are used in other applications such as from erosion control and mound reinforcement to improving subsurface drainage. One of the most common uses, however, is in making forest paths, construction roads, and access roads.
Dutco Tennant LLC has more than four decades experience in this field, and we are a dominant player in the Middle East Geosynthetic market. We offer non woven Geotextile and woven Geotextile fabric, and geomembranes for every application. We provide Geosynthetics for various uses in road making and utilities. You can contact us if you need such products in the Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and other gulf countries.