This instrument features the latest technology in control and automation making it the most advanced, reliable and user-friendly cone calorimeter in the world.
The Cone Calorimeter is the most significant bench scale instrument in the field of fire testing. It has an interactive and intuitive interface, automatic or manual control, sophisticated and flexible control options, and built-in data acquisition technology for robust data collection, analysis and reporting. It incorporates many new features not previously seen by fire testing laboratories while being compact, accurate, reliable and easily maintained.
Features & Benefits
- Remote control of the cone assembly position so that heater-specimen surface separation can be adjusted pre and mid test, to facilitate testing of intumescing or thermally distorting specimens
- Programmable heat flux exposure up to 10 consecutive ramping or holding steps
- Automatic / manual control of motorised heat shield to protect specimen from heat exposure before test
- Automatic / manual control of positioning and control of spark igniter to ignite the combustion gases from the specimen
- Automatic / manual control of retractable 4 side heat resistant glass protective screen which provides a draft-free environment around the fire model with clear viewing from all sides
- 7" colour touchscreen test control panel adjacent to specimen
- Automatic calibration and control of gas analysis instrumentation and the entire calorimeter by ConeCalc Software
- Load cell resolution of 0.01g and load capacity up to 8.2kg
- Load cell mounted on an independent table to avoid any vibration from exhaust fan
- All round access to specimen platform for specimen preparation and cleaning
- Easy to clean large, highly durable black granite working surface
- Fire model protection alarm system