Travelling band screen is mechanically cleaned fine screening equipment which is used mainly for preventing medium to fine-sized floating wastes from getting into the pumps which are located in the wet well/pump chamber of water and wastewater pumping station or to prevent finely sized floating wastes from travelling further into the water and wastewater treatment plants. The impurities or debris present in the water can be of several types ranging from shrimps, fish, jellyfish, man-made refuse, grass, seaweed, plastics, and others. They are highly suited for deep pits.
Travelling Band Screens are installed in a channel in which the water which needs to be cleared flows. The screen comprises a set of rectangular screen mesh panels which is carried by two endless chains. The panels can go up and down again between an upstream wall plate and a downstream partition with a central, outlet aperture set across the channel. The water enters through both sides of the upstream wall-plate, flows through the upstream face of the panels on each side where the debris was arrested. Through the back partition aperture, the water then flows out. The debris-laden panel then travels up above the deck level around the top and goes down again. One or two spray pipes with fantail jet nozzles are setting on the downstream side of the panels within the head structure of the screen, backwashes the panels, removes the debris that is projected into a collection trough. They then travel in a deck flume to the disposal system of the debris. The screens are then stopped normally and are periodically washed when they are obstructed by debris, Permanent rotation can be offered.
- Ability to rotate in high speed
- Capacity to handle large debris
- Completely automatic
- Compact civil structure
- Reduced maintenance
- No carry-over of debris
- Easy access to external debris trough
- Zero internal interference from debris
- Perforated band screens are fine screening equipment which are used for capturing the solid materials that can negatively effect the following mechanical equipment in plant and the further treatment processes, and generally preferred to use in middle and large sized municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants. They are specially designed for providing high separation ratio in deep and wide channels. Together with the undesired solid materials such as inorganics, organic matters are removed as well. This type of screen gives an outstanding performance especially for fine screening process. They are the equipment that can easily deal with the high amount of grit and gravel problem. Double-sided design of the perforated band screens obtains maximum solid-liquid separation efficiency by preventing long fibrous materials from passing through the screen. The main screening media of this screen is composed of perforated plates which are integrated into a drive chain and it works as an endless loop. The rakes that are in the same width with the screen are placed on the perforated plates to avoid the falling down of the captured screening materials. On the other hand, there is a reversely rotating brush placed at the top point of screen to be able to clean the equipment continuously. At the same time, nozzles increase the cleaning efficiency by spraying clean water on the clean plates.
- Reliable and robust design
- High screening ratio
- Suitable for use in deep channels
- Minimum area requirement due to the compact design
- Easily installed and retrofitted into the existing channels
- Automatic self-cleaning mechanism
- Low operation and maintenance cost