Professional testing and diagnosis for medium voltage cable
- DAC voltage test and diagnostic measurements (PD and tan-d) provide a reliable detection of
- Poor installation
- Failures due to inappropriate laying
- Weak spots in cable accessories or
- Deterioration of cable insulation due to aging
It allows much more than a simple go or no-go decision. DAC testing is an advanced maintenance tool which supports asset management and grid operation as well.
- Sound withstand test method with test voltages representing operational stresses
- Sensitive PD measurement and location in complete cable systems (insulation and accessories)
- Assessment of cable aging status in comparison with other cables based on dissipation factor estimation
On-site DAC voltage test in combination with non-destructive PD and loss factor measurements is unique and fundamental for reliable service of newly installed, repaired or service-aged cable systems.