Nonwoven Root Guard - Geotextiles are specially fabricated to be used in geotechnical, geoenvironmental, hydraulic and transportation engineering applications. It is convenient to identify the primary function of a geosynthetics as being one of: separation, filtration, drainage, reinforcement, erosion control and asphalt absorption. In many cases the geosynthetic may serve dual functions.
- Separation : Geotextiles maintain the integrity of civil engineering structures by keeping critical construction materials separated.
- Filtration : As a filter, geotextiles allow water through systems wilthout damaging erosion.
- Drainage : Fluids may drain in the plane of a geotextile.
- Reinforcement : The strength of geotextiles can reinforce structures.
- Protection : The bulk and strength of nonwoven geotextiles can protect systems.
- Asphalt Absorption/Barrier : Asphalt saturated nonwoven geotextile layers enhance pavement performance.