Mineral Insulated Cables are considered to be one of the best fire survival solutions. They are well regarded for their versatility and ultimate fire survival performance. With a basic inorganic construction of a copper sheath and conductors, together with a mineral insulant, the cable provides a unique combination of dependability, versatility, and permanence. This construction, with the melting points of 1083°C and 2800°C for the copper and the insulant respectively, provides the unsurpassed Fire Survival properties which enable the cable to continue to carry current at temperatures over 1000°C.
Mineral Insulated Fire Survival Cable is the only inorganic, no smoke, no burn, no toxic or irritant gas release cable on the market, as such it is the true fire survival cable in the World. We are the ultimate choice in the supply of the world’s largest range of mineral insulated cable. The cables use the unique seamless tube manufacturing process.
The main obstacles to the safe evacuation of a building or area in all fire disasters are fire smoke, heat, and toxic fumes. The use of fire-resistant cables plays a major contribution to overcoming these hazards. Fire Survival Cables are used in various indoor and outdoor applications in which maintenance of power supply during a fire is required and in areas where smoke and acid gas evolution could pose a hazard o personal or sensitive equipment in a high-rise building, schools, hospitals, hotels, shopping centers, subway, etc. Electrical cables and wires are a significant fire safety issue in modern buildings and installations. There are a sheer volume of cables present in modern buildings, if the insulating or jacketing materials of the cables catch fire, they can work as a significant quality of fuel for the fire. Fire Survival Cables, also known as circuit integrity cables are designed to withstand high temperatures for a defined minimum period of time under direct fire. They are widely used in hazard-prone areas where people and equipment are exposed to the threat of fire, like airports, thermal power plants, metro rail projects, rail terminals, etc. These cables have special qualities which will prevent them from overheating and can withstand temperatures of up to 650°C, 750°C, and 950°C as per various conditions of operation and applications.
- Fire resistance
- Long-term circuit integrity in a fire
- Low smoke and toxic gas emissions
- Flame retardant properties
- Zero halogen gases
- Ease and low cost of installation
- Mineral Insulated Cable is without question the ultimate fire survival electrical cable system
- It comes in two forms :
- Copper sheath (Survives for 3hrs+ @ 1050°)
- Alloy 825 sheath (Survives for 2hrs+ @ 1200°)
- It provides proven upto 3 hour escape time in ‘Real World’ fire conditions
- It’s the only electric cable to pass BS6387 ‘Enhanced’ which specifies only one cable for all 3 tests allowed
- The only electric cable to pass modern furnace tests – i.e. German standard ISO834-1, test DIN 4102 1000°C 90mins
- The only cable technology approved & listed by UL2196 for ‘unrestricted installation’