Combination Air Valve is a low-pressure air valve having a sealing mechanism that is built with a very soft and sensitive seal. It enables the full and effective discharge of air and besides that, the air valve will close and seal tightly when water fills the valve even in times when the water pressure is extremely low. A large amount of air is exhausted by Combination Air Valve during the filling process to ensure that the air can reach the outlet at very high velocity without the elevation of the float air valve and the premature shutting of the mechanism. This admits a huge quantity of air during line breaks and draining operations for avoiding vacuum in the sewage pipes.
The Combination Air Valve has the features of an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component has a smart design that automatically releases small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along with a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The design of the air and vacuum component allows is to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. To relieve negative pressures when water column separation occurs, this valve will open. These valves are also known as Double Orifice Air Valves and are installed on all high points of a system where the need for dual-function Air/Vacuum and Air Release Valves has been determined to release air and also to protect the pipeline from the vacuum.Features –
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- Aerodynamic design enables high flow rates of air both at intake and at discharge.
- All main flow cross-sections are equal to or greater than the nominal port area.