The Suction Diffuser connects to the suction side of a pump, and incorporates the functions of a strainer, flow straightener, and elbow in one compact component.
Suction diffusers not only remove any foreign material that may enter the pump, it also act as a flow straightener and creates a proper flow conditions to the pump despite having a close elbow. Standard units include a quick release cover for easy cleaning and a 1/8″ stainless steel perforated screen.
A wide variety of optional screens, mesh liners, covers, materials and other custom options are available.
- Strainer, flow straightener, elbow and pipe reducer for pump applications
- Standard and custom engineered designs
- Integral straightening vanes reduce turbulence to improve pump efficiency
- One, three or five pipe diameters of flow straightening (Type 1, 2 or 3)
- Standard, undersized or oversized outlet connections
- Direct mount to the suction side of a pump in either horizontal or vertical position
- Supporting pads for easy mounting of standard I.D. support foot
- Drain connection with plug furnished as standard
- Hinged or quick opening/operator assisted covers
- Vent and/or differential pressure connections