A ball type check valve is a check valve in which the closing member, the movable part to block the flow, is a ball. In some ball type check valve, the ball is spring-loaded to help keep it shut. For those designs without a spring, reverse flow is required to move the ball toward the seat and create a seal. The interior surface of the main seats of ball check valves are more or less conically-tapered to guide the ball into the seat and form a positive seal when stopping sewage reverse flow.
- Small and simple design and hence Cheaper.
- Minimal wear on moving parts
- Light Weight
- Body : Ductile Iron /Cast Iron
- Cover : Ductile Iron /Cast Iron
- Ball : Aluminum with EPDM or Ductile Iron with EPDM
- Internal, external bolts, nuts : Stainless Steel / Galvanized Steel
- Sizes : DN 40 – DN 600
- Pressure rating : PN10/16/25
- Hydraulic Test : 1.1xPN for Seat & 1.5xPN for Body
- Coating : Nontoxic Epoxy Internally & Externally