Di socket spigot pipe is a pipe made of ductile cast iron commonly used for potable water transmission and distribution. This type of pipe is a direct development of earlier cast iron di pipes & fittings.
Ductile cast iron pipe is stronger and easier to tap, requires less support and provides greater flow area compared with pipes made from other materials like PVC, concrete, polyethene or steel.
About Di Socket Spigot Pipe:
Socket Spigot Pipe is allowing water to be transported from its source to treatment plants and places of consumption. Our solutions address water whether it is potable, raw, waste or recycled, and cover the entire water transport cycle, from its gravity supply, surface and ground water filtration and seawater desalination, treatment and storage, and distribution to consumers and industry.
- Internal pressure performance : Because of the terrain and water supply, pipeline has internal pressure at working condition, in addition to the unexpected situations, will produce an instant high pressure (for example: water hammer), high performance is directly related to the pipeline’s life and long-term stable supply.
- External Pressure Performance
- against external loads, reduce construction costs
- Automatic flexible joints, also for special terrain
- Inner coating - cement lining
- Outer coating - sprayed zinc
- The durability and resistance of ductile iron to pile driving, soil compaction and structural load.
- Fast, automatic assembly: fitted together using specific male and female conical ends.
- The reliability and durability of foundations with a rigid set of piles that are perfectly fitted together.
- They are the perfect solution for geotechnical requirements, combining friction effect and point effect to constitute effective and long-lasting ground reinforcement.
Ranges of Pipes
- Socket Spigot Pipe is produced in both as per Thickness Class (like, K9, K7 etc) and Pressure Class (Like C25, C30, C40 etc).
- Ductile Iron Socket and Spigot Pipe with Push-On Joint from DN 80 to DN 1000 with Rubber Gasket conforming to IS 8329/ ISO 2531/ EN 545/ EN598 for Drinking Water and sewerage. Ductile Iron pipes are available in the following Joints
- Ductile Iron Socket and Spigot Pipe with push-on joints& push- on joints(restrained)
- Ductile Iron plain-ended Barrel Pipes
- Ductile Iron Socket and Spigot Restrained joint pipes with Push-on rubber gasket Joint
- Ductile Iron Flanged Pipes of standard and customized length.
- Fully Coated and Lined with a cement inside & bitumen coated outside
- Corrosion Resistant.
- Certified to comply with WRAS
- The life expectancy of Ductile iron pipe is unknown but is estimated to be 100 years or more
- High structural strength, and tight joints, ductile iron is also readily machinable, an important requirement in any pipe that must be drilled, tapped, or cut