- Standard : IEC 60383
- Material : Brown Glazed Porcelain
- Failing Load : 70 kN
- Min. Creepage Distance : 295 mm
- Wet Power Frequency withstand voltage (1 min) : 40 kV
- Dry Lightning Impulse withstand voltage (1.2/50 µs ) : 110 kVp
- Min. Power Frequency puncture withstand voltage : 110 kV
- Consists of number of porcelain discs connected in series by metal links in the form of a string.
- Conductor is suspended at the bottom end of the string and the upper part is connected to the cross-arm of the tower.
- Number of discs depend on the working voltage.
- The disc insulator shall be of open profile aerodynamic type to permit a large degree of self-cleaning by wind, rain, etc
- Used for suspending and supporting high voltage transmission lines.
- String does not become useless even in the event of damage of one disc.
- Suspension arrangement provides greater flexibility to the line hence mechanical stresses is lesser on the insulator.