- IEEE 80/81
- BS 4360 (Steel)
Length of the rod excluding tapered bottom
- 1220 mm
Additional components used
- Earth Clamp, Driving Head and Coupling
- Earth Rod made of low carbon steel with high tensile strength of 600 N/mm2 and Grade 43A with copper cladding molecularly bonded to steel.
- Copper cladding thickness -0.35 mm
- Capable of being bent through 90 deg. at radius of 100 mm without copper fracture and any effects on bonding
- Threads rolled on to the rod, uniform copper covering is maintained even at the root of the threads.
- Extensible type and tapered bottom.
- An earth rod’s only purpose is to have a designed electrical path to dissipate a static discharge voltage (such as Lightning) to earth.