In several cases, mainly for pre-filtration, a centrifugal sand separator is used for removing large particles of sand. The water entering the separator is afterward forced via a spiral pattern of flow that develops centrifugal forces causing the sand particles to move to the outer edge of the separator. Then these particles can settle out of the water into a chamber collector at the bottom. Out of the separator, clean water can flow out of the separator at the vortex of the rotation along the axis of the separator. A sand separator needs to be used as the initial filter on any irrigation system that is pumping out high volumes of sand and needs to be followed by another type of secondary separator for removing the finer particles. For proper operation, a sand separator is required to be sized to match the rate of flow with the information that is offered by the manufacturers on the relationship between the flow rate and pressure drop. With a rightly selected separator, you will be having a pressure drop of 5 to 11 psi while you are operating. When the rate of flow is relatively smaller for a given sand separator, it will not be of that help to remove the sand. With a large enough flow rate, it can cause a high amount of pressure loss. The operation of a sand separator can be affected by the variation of flow rate. If the same pump is being used for irrigation fields of various sizes, then the rate of flow can vary from field to field as the pump flow rate can also change with the size of the field. Mainly, a centrifugal sand separator is installed on the discharge side of the pump. It can also be installed easily on the inlet portion of a deep well turbine. In removing, the suspended particles from any flow stream of water where the specific gravity of the particle is much higher than the water it is in, the centrifugal separators can be highly removing. The efficiency of the removal process will be higher with a more significant gravity difference. Depending on the specific gravity of the particle and the viscosity of the flow stream, smaller and denser particles can be removed easily. With the achievement of multiple passes of the stream, particle removal can be boosted. In spaces in which any source of water is having contaminants with a weight of 2.6 specific gravity or more, the use of a sand separator can be considered. If you are in search of a Sand Separator for Agriculture and Horticulture projects in the Middle East and GCC region, then get in touch with us today.
Features & Specifications
- Patented Hydrodynamic Design Innovative hydrodynamic design to create maximum centrifugal action to separate particles heavier than water
- Standard Pure Polyester / Epoxy Coating for Protecting from Corrosion Coated with more than 70 micron thick deep blue colored pure Polyester powder on outer surface & Epoxy coating from inner side for protection against corrosion and weather effects
- Innovative Water Inlet Innovative water inlet provided to create centrifugal action
- Equipped with Diffuser Plate Special diffuser plate is provided to settle dirt particle and push them in to chamber
- Various Optional Connections Available Supplied with threaded, flanged & Easy Fix™ joint for inlet and outlet connection
- Effective Draining Facility Provided 20mm ‘8’ shape end stop with tube provided to drain silt/ sand particles from collection chamber
- No moving parts to wear out – This eliminates mechanical failures and troublesome replacement parts.
- Highest trapping efficiency – 90% trapping efficiency for particle size above 75 micron & specific gravity more than 2.5.
- No downtime requirements – All units are designed to operate continuously with no routine shutdowns for cleaning or maintenance.
- Low pressure loss – Require no more than 0.3 – 0.8 Kg/ cm² loss for effective solids removal without troublesome pressure fluctuations.
- Reduces load on secondary Media / Screen filter – Reduces the frequency of cleaning for Media / Screen filter when installed before them.
- Fully Automatic Option – On demand Jain Sand Separator can also be supplied with fully automatic option.