Electronic device decoders are connected to a wire path from an irrigation controller. They operate the irrigation valve solenoids by receiving both power and signal from the same wire path. This allows the installation of several irrigation valves down the same wire without needing a separate power wire for every solenoid. From traditional wiring, decoder systems differ as they allow control of several valves for a very long distance having corresponding savings in labor and wire. But it is important to invest in the decoder electronics that will be offset by some of the wire savings. Most of the systems come with a “break-even” point where the savings in copper wire offsets the cost of the decoders. The break-even point mainly depends on the selected controller.
- Modular 24Vac Controller, model very easy to use and with a large capacity modular irrigation stations.
- Interchangeable Menu-Covers in 3 languages : Spanish, English and French.
- Number of local stations: 6 stations + MV. Expandable with modules of 3 stations to 15 stations.
- Number of programs: 3 independent programs and overlapping (A, B and C).
- Number of starts: 4 starts per program.
- Cycle time: up to 7 days. Calendar year.
- Programming times: from 1 minute to 12 hours.
- MANUAL STARTING of stations and programs.
- Volatile memory that stores the programs carried out and are not deleted in case of blackouts.
- Easy installation, programming and use thanks to its versatile design and control logic.
- 5-key ergonomic keyboard and multimando selector switch.
- Digital display and user-friendly logic.
- Position PAUSE and DELAY.
- Adjusting water budget between 10% and 150%. Time cycles.
- Input for normally open (eg, rain sensor rain-click).
- Security system with internal battery to save time in case of blackouts.
- Safe for outdoor installation with IP-65 INOX incorporating locks.
- Quick reference chart user and irrigation on the inside cover of the door.
- Voltage: 220 V - 24 V 300 mA transformer included.
- Output: 300 mA through TRIAC.
- Number of valves supported: One 24 VAC solenoid per output at no more than 300 metres distance (depends on the model and transformer).
- Terminal strip: cables of up to 1.5 mm2
- Flexibility – As the decoders can be positioned at any place along the 2-wire paths and their station numbers can be assigned by the installer, it becomes easy to accommodate changes in the original plan of the landscape. They usually do not need to be assigned in physical order.
- Expandability - The irrigation systems can be subdivided or expanded easily after the original installation without requiring to run the spare wire or retrofitting the new wiring back into the controller. The installer simply finds the closes point inside an existing 2-wire path and splices into a new decoder station whenever it is desired to have additional valve control.
- Easy to troubleshoot – Several irrigation systems can have problems over the course of time because of the faults or degradation in the field wiring. The industry has revolutionized and there are now new devices and techniques for simplifying the process of determining the fault. In the decoder wiring, there are lesser wires for troubleshooting.
- Reliable – With less wire, there will be lesser problems. Exposure to rodents, shovels, and also light can be minimized by 2-Wire paths.
For all your needs in the Middle East and GCC region, Dutco Tennant LLC can supply you with the best in class Two-Wire Decoder Control System for Sports Turf Irrigation.