Belts are kept clean and the carryback is eliminated by high-performing belt cleaners which gradually ensure that the conveyor systems are safer and more productive. At Dutco Tennant LLC, we offer belt cleaners that work with all belt sizes and speeds, regardless of industry or type of material. We also offer belt cleaners that work in the most challenging and unique environments, such as on conveyor systems where there’s minimal space around the head pulley. Our specialty belt cleaners include Secondary Scraper, Tail Plows, Belt Washing System and Primary Scrapers, all engineered for challenging conditions and unusual materials.
Installation of exemplary belt cleaner supplied by Dutco Tennant LLC substantially improves efficiency by providing the following benefits:
- Increased profitability - Eliminating carryback reduces fugitive material and minimizes the cost of unnecessary cleanup and maintenance.
- Less material loss - By scraping the belts clean at the head pulley, belt cleaners eliminate carryback and keep bulk materials moving in the right direction through transfer points or into containers.
- Longer lasting conveyor equipment - Material that is carried back under the belt often ends up inside the conveyor system and can damage rollers and idlers while causing belts to wander and fray.
- Lower energy costs - When material sticks to the belt beyond the head pulley, the added weight of the material stuck to the belt makes the equipment work harder so it uses more energy.
- Safer work environment - When fugitive material accumulates under the belt, workers can easily slip and fall trying to walk through the mess. Plus, uncontained dust can cause health problems when inhaled and can ignite causing a deadly explosion.
- Reduced dust problems - Fugitive dust is frequently a by-product of material that falls from under the belt on the return trip.
Most comprehensive, effective, safe, and rugged design of the belt cleaners are available with the following features:
- Superior performance with maximum blade life
- Easy maintenance and Blade replacement without entry into the Conveyor Chute
- Rugged frame for Heavy Duty application
- The minimum risk to the Conveyor Belt or the Conveyor Belt Splice
Various Belt Cleaners as per the varying site applications available as follows:
- Standard Applications: CONDOR BELT CLEANERS
- For Heavy Duty Applications: TITAN BELT CLEANERS
- Other Site-Specific Engineered Products: BELT WASHING SYSTEM