Determines the salt content, conductance, and temperature of crude oil samples according to ASTM D3230 and IP 265 specifications. Utilizes the latest low-voltage, synchronous detection technology for conductivity measurements and a high-accuracy thermistor array to measure sample temperature. Automatically calculates salt concentration directly from acquired temperature and conductivity values. Measures conductivity over four ranges 0-2, 2-20, 20-200, and 200-1500 mS with automatic range selection. Self-calibration feature allows operator to adjust for any drift without re-entering standard temperature curves. Complete data storage of test results which is limited only by the hard drive capacity of external PC. Easy-to-read alpha-numeric display shows any four of the following parameters at one time as chosen by the operator: salts, conductance, conductance @ 25°C, pH, pH millivolts, temperature (°C or °F), internal and external battery voltages, date, time, logging ID, and ID increment value.
- Conforms to ASTM D3230 and IP 265 test specifications
- GOST certified
- Measures salt content, conductance, and temperature of crude oil samples, and pH measurements of aqueous samples
- Measures Salts Concentration in the range of 0 to 150 PTB (lb/1000 bbl)
- Portable for field or laboratory testing with up to 8 hours of continuous operation from internal Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
- 18-bit analog-to-digital converter for high precision
- 24Kb RAM dedicated for data storage (about 500 test results)
- Data can be uploaded in a comma delimited format to a PC with easy to use Windows® 2000/XP/Vista – based software via an RS232 serial data port
Salt content is determined by measuring the conductivity of a solution of crude oil in a polar solvent when subjected to an alternating electrical current and is obtained by comparison of the resulting conductance to a calibration curve of known salt mixtures.
- K23050-9 Mixed Salts Solution, 100ml
- K23050-10 Mixed Salts Solution, 500ml