SealGrid® consists of high strength glass fibre roving knitted to a paving fabric to form a reinforced composite paving fabric.
The reinforcing effect of the low strain glass filaments in combination with the waterproofing, stress relieving and bonding Geosynthetics properties of the paving fabric leads to a dramatic reduction of reflective cracking under asphalt overlays.Properties of Glass Fibre Roving
- Strength = 50 x 50 kN/m or 100 x 100 kN/m
- Strain < 5 %
- Knitted to the paving fabric in a grid pattern.
- Flat weave intersections prevent crushing at nodes
- Unaffected by most chemicals and high temperatures (>1 000 'C)
- Provides a waterproofing interlayer
- Ensures a constant thickness bitumen SAMI interlayer
- Provides a stress relieving interlayer
- Unaffected by most chemicals and high temperature (>260 °C)