The most important criterion for a good tripod is its stability, quite explicitly, the torsional rigidity. With that, a very valuable, but not the only, argument for the original tripod from Dutco Geosystems has been named. Other substantial surveying solution benefits are the height stability under load and the minimal horizontal drift. Also not to be underestimated are advantages such as long life, optimal vibration dampening, water resistance, outstanding behaviour in solar radiation and their weight in relation to load-bearing capacity.
- Transparent choice : The right tripod choice is decisive if the indicated accuracy of an instrument is to be reached. The classification "heavy duty" and "light duty" is widely based on ISO Norm 12858-2.
- Professional 5000: Tripod - Heavy Duty
- Professional 3000: Tripod - Light Duty
- Professional 1000: Tripod - All-Round
- The stability of the original : Tripods are solely made from wood or aluminium. It offers the best stability values, measured on vertical movement and horizontal drift over time. Wood also exhibits optimal vibration characteristics and therefore delivers substantial benefits, especially in the use of motorized TPS. The surfaces of the wooden tripods are sealed several times to prevent moisture absorption and to maximum longevity. Aluminium tripods are robust and save weight, their range of application is however limited.